Administrative Support Specialist – Grade 1
Part-Time 20 hours per week Rate: $15.00-18.00 per hour
General Description of Responsibilities:
Acts as Administrative Secretary to the Board of Directors and Standing Committees. Maintains sensitive Personnel records. Provides general administrative, secretarial support for the organization.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Administrative Secretary to the Board of Directors
- Responsible for taking and distribution of Board, Council and Standing Committee minutes
- Maintains records of Board meetings and other corporate decisions
- Works with President of Corporation to develop the Board Liaison List
- Prepares and maintains Board Handbook
- Provides direct administrative support to the President and Treasurer of the corporation on sensitive matters such as the distribution of the Executive Director annual evaluation forms
- Maintains and updates Personnel records including vacation and sick leave earned and expended
- Regularly notifies staff members of their accumulated vacation and sick time
- Acts as information resource to staff members on vacation and other time off corporate polices.
- Provides for administrative support for all departments of the corporation in areas requiring judgment and initiative.
- Basic bookkeeping
Performs other tasks as assigned.
Reports directly to the Executive Director. Works with the Corporation President, Treasurer and Committee chairs as needed.
Experience and Training: General Administrative experience. Experience working with Nonprofit Boards.
Education: High School or above
Personal Attributes: Judgment, initiative, attention to detail, and ability to work well within a team.
Probationary Period: 6 months
Applications accepted through September 19, 2014.
Send letter of interest and resume to Carl DeMilia, Executive Director, at email@example.com